Smartpay tokens enables consumer not present transactions, where you would like to charge a consumer without them having to complete Smartpay checkout.
Allow your consumers to split their quarterly or yearly subscription over 3 interest free installments.
- When the consumer signs up for the subscription they need to complete Smartpay checkout once to link their account with your site.
- At the time of subscription charge you can create the Smartpay order without the need for action from the consumer.
Allow your consumers to reserve their pre-order item today and only start paying for it in 3 interest free installments after it is shipped.
- When the consumer registers for a pre-order they need to complete Smartpay checkout once to link their account with your site.
- At the time of shipping the items you can create the Smartpay order without the need for action from the consumer.
If you would like to charge the consumer at the time the order is placed, there is no need to use Smartpay tokens. Please use standard Smartpay Checkout.
Allow your consumers to save their Smartpay account as a payment method on your site and checkout instantly for future purchases without the need to complete Smartpay checkout every time.
- When the consumer saves their Smartpay account as a payment method, they need to complete Smartpay checkout once to link their account with your site.
- At the time of future purchases there is no need to redirect them to Smartpay checkout anymore.
Create a token and save it for future use. The consumer is not charged yet at this stage. You will need to create an order with the newly created token to charge the consumer.
- You, the merchant, initiate token creation when the consumer selects Smartpay to pay for a subscription or pre-order or they would like to save their Smartpay account on your site as a payment method.
- The consumer is redirected to Smartpay checkout where they need to sign in or sign up with Smartpay. After completing the checkout the consumer is redirected back to your site.
- Smartpay activates the token, which you can use at a later time to charge the consumer.
For further details see our guide on creating tokens.
Once you have a Smartpay token for a consumer, you need to create an order using that token when you want to charge the consumer via the Smartpay API.
Note, payment authorization is not done at the time of token creation. Payment authorization is done when you create an order using the token. This means that even though the token was authorized successfully, it may still be rejected when an order is processed using the token.
For further details see our guide on creating an order using a token.
deleterequests both disable a token
disabletemporarily disables a token and it can be re-enable
deletepermanently disables a token and it can not be used anymore
enablerequest reactivates a token that was disabled using a
disablerequest, enabling it to be used for creating orders again. (You cannot re-enable a token that was deleted.)
- The tokens has no expiry date, so once the token is no longer needed, please disable or delete it to avoid accidentally charging the consumer.
Updated about 1 month ago